- Telephone 0131 556 8201
- Seasonal times Later opening for Christmas, Hogmanay and Festival.
- Bar open Sun–Thu 11am–midnight; Fri/Sat 11am–1am.
- Food served Mon–Sun 11am–10pm.
- Average price £15 (lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Website jeremiahstaproom.co.uk
Craft beer bonanza in a relaxed setting makes this smart boozer well worth a visit.
As the name suggests, beer is the main focus of this restyled traditional pub. Be careful not to overlook the changing craft beer taps behind the bar, or the large selection of cans and bottles stored in a large chiller off to the right, which are available to takeaway with cartons allowing draft to be enjoyed at home. Heavily UK-focused beer is pitted against an American style diner menu. Wooden boxes arrive decked with Simon Howie burgers and smoked bratwurst dogs served with skinny fries. Chicken or homemade veggie burgers can be substituted for beef; all in there’s a decent choice for vegetarians. An interesting selection of flavoured salts are available and a choice of dips lend an extra dimension to starters such as tempura giant gherkins. There is a wide choice of spirits and cocktails to keep all drinkers happy, including dogs who are greeted with a bowl of water.
- Delivery: £1.50 to £2.50 via Deliveroo
- Private dining: 20 sitting, 30 standing
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: 90's Britpop
- Live entertainment: Pub quiz Sun 8pm–midnight.
- Capacity: 45
- Largest group: 20 sitting, 30 standing
- Open since: 2013
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 12
- House wine: £14 per bottle