Taco Mazama Mexican Kitchen
- Telephone 0131 629 1892
- Seasonal times Open later during Edinburgh Festival
- Food served Mon–Thu 11.30am–9pm; Fri/Sat 11.30am–10pm; Sun 11.30am–8pm.
- Average price Small meal, drink and tortilla chips £5. Regular meal, drink and tortilla chips £7. (set lunch); £9.99 (evening meal)
- Website www.tacomazama.co.uk
Casual Mexican kitchen in the heart of the New Town offering budget-friendly food to shoppers and party-goers alike.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
The Edinburgh sister to the popular Glasgow chain offers a welcome haven for hungry shoppers or those looking to fuel up before a night on the tiles. The casual ‘order at the till’ set-up and the simple three-step menu creates a relaxed vibe from the outset. With burritos, fajitas, quesadillas, tacos, salads, burrito bowls and nachos to choose from, and fillings ranging from shredded beef chilli to tofu, the menu dishes up a plethora of combinations so there really is something for everyone. This casual city-centre Mexican kitchen, with a wall dedicated to their giant burrito-eating challenge, is not one for those seeking a long relaxing meal but rather a quick stop to refuel at pocket-friendly prices. The constant stream of diners passing through its doors means a speedy but fun experience during any visit to Taco Mazama.
- High point: Budget-friendly city centre munch
- Low point: Not one for long lingering meals
- Notable dish: Burritos
- Delivery: Delivery through Deliveroo and JustEat.
- Provides: Halal options
- Music on stereo: Chart hits
- Capacity: 25
- Open since: 2013