The Woodpecker Bar & Restaurant
- Telephone 01555 665161
- Bar open Mon–Sat 11.30am–1am; Sun 12.30pm–1am
- Food served Mon–Wed 11.30am–3pm; Thu–Sun 11.30am–7pm
- Average price 11:30am-3pm £8.25 for 2 courses (set lunch); £12.50 (evening meal)
- Website www.fb.com/woodpeckerbar.lanark
A contemporary bar, restaurant and night spot tucked in behind the main street in Lanark, with various different spaces and comfortable modern furnishings including an outdoor terrace.
The family-run Woodpecker Bar & Restaurant is a stylish, popular hang-out for diners and revellers on Lanark’s Wide Close, serving lunch and dinner menus of home-made soup, sandwiches, paninis, burgers, baked potatoes and toasted ciabattas, or more solid classics like chilli nachos, gammon steak, chicken goujons, scampi, Caesar salad and haddock mornay, with a snack menu available throughout the day. Below the restaurant’s wooden floors and tables, comfy brown leather sofas and black banquettes, there lies another modern space sporting plasma screens, black leather chairs, a smooth bar pouring beer, wines, whiskies, vodkas and cocktails, and featuring DJs every Saturday and a small outdoor seating area for chatting and chilling on Wide Close.
- Private dining: Up to 80 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: Occasional live music in the bar
- Capacity: 80
- Largest group: 80
- Open since: 1982
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 5
- House wine: £13.95 per bottle