Cornhill House Hotel
- Telephone 01899 220 001
- Seasonal times Closed from mid January to the end of January and closed Mondays throughout February.
- Food served Mon–Fri noon–2.30pm, 5pm–close; Sat 2.30pm–close; Sun noon–close.
- Average price £15 (set lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Website www.cornhillhousehotel.co.uk
A popular venue for weddings, this grand country pile — a French Renaissance-style chateau — has the feel of a place for special occasions rather than somewhere you might pop in for coffee and cake. Set in acres of lush, rolling countryside just outside Biggar, at the end of a long, winding, tree-lined drive, it has a genteel, old-fashioned ambience of another era. The food and service are styled to match the surroundings. Two dining rooms – the Bistro and Jade restaurants – share the same menu, an amalgam of classic international dishes. Starters of prawn cocktail and haggis bon bons are followed by mains including Moroccan chicken fritters, steak pie and a trio of fish. Savour a bottle of wine or stay for dessert and when the weather is good enjoy sweeping views across the Clyde Valley.
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: Function rooms available