Peter's Seafood & Grill
- Telephone 01355 222088
- Food served Tue–Thu noon–2pm, 5–9pm; Fri/Sat noon–2pm, 5–10pm; Sun noon–8pm. Closed Mon.
- Pre-theatre times Tue–Thu 5–9pm; Fri/Sat 5–6.30pm.
- Average price £10.95 (set lunch); £20 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £11.95
- Website www.petersseafoodek.co.uk
Peter’s diminutive dimensions belie a classy eaterie with a good local reputation. The menu is nicely seasonal, with both Asian and French influences at work in unfussy treatments of fish and meat, like seabass with lemon and saffron oil (from the weekend set menu) or a pan-fried duck breast on top of stir-fried vegetables. New head chef David Craig has increased the focus on their grill section, so now all steaks come from Millers of Speyside and are hung for 45 days. They turn out great value pre-theatre and set menu deals, and are proud to cater for special dietary needs too. There’s always a chatty ambience in the room to compliment the food, which is some of East Kilbride’s best in its own, simple way.
- Provides: Children's portions, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 40
- Largest group: 40
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 5
- House wine: £13.95 per bottle