- Telephone 01355 222088
- Food served Wed–Thu noon–2pm, 5–9pm; Fri/Sat noon–2pm, 5–10pm; Sun noon–8pm. Closed Mon/Tue.
- Pre-theatre times Tue–Thu 5–9pm; Fri/Sat 5–6.30pm.
- Average price £11.95 (set lunch); £11.95 (set evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £11.95
- Website www.number38.co.uk
A cosy seafood restaurant serving traditional food with a modern twist and a focus on local produce.
Number 38 offers traditional food with a modern twist on a small yet delicious menu. The menu is seasonal and features local produce, from a starter of pan-seared scallops from the west coast of Scotland, served with pea purée, bacon crisps and pickled shallots, to Moroccan spiced lamb cutlets, gently grilled to seal in the juices and flavours and served with couscous, hummus and baba ganoush. There's a separate grill menu featuring select cuts of Aberdeen Angus steaks which have been hung for 45 days. Dessert focuses on traditional favourites like white chocolate pannacotta, chocolate brownies and sticky toffee pudding.
- Provides: Children's portions, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 40
- Largest group: 40
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 5
- House wine: £13.95 per bottle