- Telephone 0141 204 3605
- Bar open Mon–Sun noon–midnight
- Food served Sun–Thu noon–9pm, Fri/Sat noon–10pm
- Average price £10 (set lunch); £17 (evening meal)
- Website www.themeatbar.co.uk
Offering smokey meats and meaty cocktails, this central bar has a great beer selection and cool vibe.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Within an unassuming basement locale, this bar prides itself on dishing up quality burgers, cocktails and good beer. Housing its own American pit smoker for giving the likes of ribs the 12-hour treatment, Meat's choice steak – sourced from Byres Road butcher Tom Rodgers – that arrives on your plate has that essential and distinctive Southern flavour, while their range of burgers are well prepared. Where this bar really excels is in its great choice of beer and cocktails, serving up the sublime Unforgiven Red Rye from Tempest Brewery or the Peach Julep with Bourbon. While this bar is a slow starter during lunchtimes, by evening it’s thronged with those seeking sustenance and a quality beer before heading home or heading into town. Stop in also for a quick cocktail, some of which, having a meaty theme, may not be to everyone’s taste … mainly vegetarians.
- High point: The interior is well laid out
- Low point: Too few staff on
- Notable dish: Grinder burger
- Provides: Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 62
- Largest group: 20
- Open since: 2013
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 11
- House wine: £16.50 per bottle
Reviews & features
Restaurant review: Meat Bar, Glasgow29 Jul 2013
Latest mean and meaty opening in the Glasgow City Centre
What did Glaswegians eat before pulled pork? Nostalgia now washes over the days before the rise of the brioche bun, when craft beers were a niche market. In their place is a ruthless world where every gourmet burger in town is blogged, snapped and…