- Telephone 0141 341 0465
- Opening times Mon–Thu 10am–10pm; Fri & Sat 10am–10.30pm; Sun 11am–10pm.
- Seasonal times Extended in summer
- Food served Mon–Thu 10am–10pm; Fri/Sat 10am–11pm; Sun 11am–10pm.
- Average price £7 (lunch); £7 (evening meal)
- Website www.crollasgelateria.co.uk
A chilled out sanctuary from the hubbub of Byres Road to satisfy those ice-cream cravings.
This brightly coloured parlour throngs in the summer months, its two floors spilling over with contented youngsters enjoying the delights of rich, tasty Italian ice-cream. It does well out of season too, with a savoury menu of baguettes, toasties and sandwiches to keep hungry parents happy while the kids tuck into flavours like strawberry, chocolate chip and mint. Upbeat interiors carry the colours of the Crolla logo, with comfy red leather upholstery, whitewashed walls and glass counters where uniformed staff talk customers through the choices. They specialise in cold-stone creations where your chosen ice-cream is folded in with extra flavours and textures, like cookies, meringue and tablet, on a marble slab. Other staples at this buzzing little bolthole from the bustle of Byres Road include sodas, ice-cream floats, milkshakes and the rather novel but popular pizza cone.
- High point: Authentic, high-quality Italian ice-cream
- Low point: Less authentic honeycomb and sponge
- Notable dish: Original Knickerboker Glory
- Private dining: 25 downstairs - only for children's parties
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Light pop
- Capacity: 55 (10 outdoors)
- Open since: 2013
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 0