Small purveyor of hearty roasts and sandwiches from a café-takeaway close to Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum.
Roast is undoubtedly one of Finnieston’s best loved takeaway lunch spots, and is recognisable by the near permanent fixture of a queue of hungry customers eyeing up the mouthwatering options on the menu blackboards. With a seating arrangement that makes good use of the relatively limited indoor space, anyone who wishes to sit in finds themselves equally well fed and well looked after. Favourites among the hot sandwiches include the cheesesteak, the pulled pork, and the piri piri chicken, the latter coming with lemon mayo, spiced roasted peppers and red onion on a fresh and floury roll. The comprehensive all-day breakfast menu, which features French toast, full breakfast, and various takes on the breakfast roll, is proving another big draw for customers, particularly at weekends.
- High point: A top spot to grab a takeaway sandwich
- Low point: Not many choices for those with dietary requirements
- Notable dish: Cheesesteak sandwich
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Radio
- Capacity: 12 (4 outdoors)
- Largest group: 0
- Open since: 2012
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 0