Mimi's Little Bakehouse
- Telephone 0131 556 6632
- Seasonal times Yes, open later during the festival, but exact hours couldn't be confirmed yet.
- Bar open N/A
- Food served Mon–Fri 8am–7pm; Sat/Sun 10am–7pm
- Pre-theatre times N/A
- Average price N/A (set lunch); N/A (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price N/A
- Website www.mimisbakehouse.com
The Old Town link in a local mini-chain that specializes in spectacular cakes and comforting savories, served with a touch of 1950s glamour.
Cakes and tarts are the main event at this naughty-but-nice family-run café chain, of which the Little Bakehouse in the Old Town is the younger sister to the original by the Shore in Leith and a brand-new branch in Corstorphine. Handily placed on the Royal Mile, this is a neat space with just the window space for sitting in; the takeaway offering includes ready-made sandwiches, salads and soups (or stovies in winter). Tiers of gooey traybakes and cupcakes display the heart of the operation, while an ice-cream serving hatch by the entranceway offers a range of flavours created in conjunction with Musselburgh's finest S. Luca.
- Private dining: N/a
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: 1930s music
- Live entertainment: N/A
- Capacity: 6
- Largest group: N/A
- Open since: 2013
- Number of wines sold by the glass: N/A
- House wine: N/A per bottle
URGENT: You must stay at home except for shopping for basic necessities, daily exercise, any medical need and travelling to and from essential work.