Up On The Hill Café
- Telephone 0141 333 0303
- Food served Mon–Fri 7.30am–5pm
- Average price £6.50 (lunch)
- Website www.uponthehillcafe.co.uk
This review is taken from the 2013 edition.
Up in Heaven would be a better name, such is the godly vantage offered by this hidden-away café. It may be in the depths of Craighall business park, but it's expansive vista looks ever skyward, sweeping west to the Campsies. Large windows reveal tips of tower blocks and distant spires as you sit; even better, there's a balcony area for enjoying it al fresco. It's a Glasgow view, not pretty as such but full of past industry, with the canal meandering below. Poor food in this setting would be a thump back to earth, so there's great pleasure in the fresh, good-quality and diligently prepared range of sandwiches, burgers and salads – a greek version, loaded with feta and hummus, is eye-popping value at less than £3. It's got great music running through it, too – from indie album sleeves on the wall to a soundtrack worth listening to. An enticing hideaway hangout with food and a view that could keep you here all day, every day.
- High point: Arresting vista
- Low point: Location – if you're not a business brain
- Delivery: Min. order £10, local only.
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Indie pop and rock
- Capacity: 70