- Box office 0131 555 5552
- General enquiries 0131 555 5552
- Food served Mon–Sun 4–11pm.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Sun 4–6.30pm
- Average price £19 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £12
- Website www.mintleafrestaurant.co.uk
Vibrant Indian and Thai dishes are served to equally high standards in this high-ceilinged, intimately lit venue.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
A large venue with high ceilings is made intimate by soft candlelight, oriental lanterns and an open fire, and adorned with luxurious deep reds, rich velvet and silk damasks. A kitchen with two head chefs delivers both Indian and Thai cuisine to equally high standards. Simple elegant white crockery alongside refined silverware accentuates the colourful dishes. A starter of sea bass tenga, delicately pan-fried fish with crispy caramelised skin, comes dressed in a blanket of spicy sweet and sour sauce with a generous twist of lime. Tender lamb pieces in the gust korai are cooked in a rich sauce of well-balanced spices, with peppers and onions adding a touch of sweetness. The pla gaeng keow warn showcases a Thai green curry sauce freshly made with aromatic coriander. Pistachio kulfi is homemade: creamy and dense, with a scattering of crunchy pistachio pieces adding textural contrast. From start to finish, Mintleaf delivers fresh and delicate, yet robust, dishes across both menus, ideal for lovers of both Thai and Indian cuisine.
- High point: Execution and freshness of dishes
- Low point: A double menu makes choosing difficult
- Notable dish: Sea bass tenga
- Private dining: 2 dining rooms; 1 = 10 cover, 2 = 25 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Asian music
- Capacity: 60
- Largest group: 60
- Open since: 2013
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 10
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle