- Telephone 0141 885 7078
- Bar open Sun–Thu 11am–1am; Fri/Sat 11am–2am.
- Food served Sun–Thu 10.30am–9.30pm; Fri/Sat 10.30am–10pm.
- Average price £13 (lunch); £13 (evening meal)
- Website www.snowfactor.com/activities/…
German-themed bar and restaurant with a fine selection of Bavarian beers.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
For beer aficionados, the punningly titled Bar Varia is nothing short of wunderbar. Pilsener, wheat or bitter on tap and a strong bottled selection combine to create one of the most impressive ranges of German beers in Glasgow. Situated somewhat remotely on the top floor of an indoor activity centre, this adds to the feeling that those pilseners were well-earned, and it’s also a functioning weekend bar, open until 1am. Pork schnitzel, satisfyingly meaty traditional wurst and spicy paprika chips make for an appetising accompaniment to the Bavarian brewing with frickadelle and juicy burgers completing a menu that aims to please. It’s a ready-made spot for families with added entertainment coming from glass windows overlooking the adjacent piste, allowing for appreciation, envy and schadenfreude according to the ability of those gliding past.
- High point: Outstanding Bavarian beer selection
- Low point: Not easy to reach on public transport
- Notable dish: Schnitzel with paprika chips
- Private dining: 60 (seated)
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: 80s pop
- Live entertainment: DJs Fri/Sat and bands occasionally
- Capacity: 130
- Largest group: 60
- Open since: 2012
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 6
- House wine: £13.95 per bottle