Restauracja U Jarka
- Telephone 07756 970306
- Opening times Mon & Wed 7–9pm; Thu & Fri 6–9pm; Sat & Sun noon–9pm; closed Tue.
- Bar open Sun/Mon & Wed/Thu 6–11pm; Fri/Sat 12.30pm–midnight. Closed Tue.
- Food served Mon & Wed 7–9pm; Thu/Fri 6–9pm; Sat noon–10pm; Sun 12.30–7pm. Closed Tue.
Terrific Polish restaurant next to Kelvingrove Park, where traditional food is prepared with love and served with warmth and humour.
One of the city’s better kept secrets, the fascinating history of the Sikorksi Polish Club is found on the walls and in the delightful time-forgotten interior. Like stumbling upon your family cottage having wandered through a secluded Silesian forest glade. Okay, Kelvingrove Park will do. Never had a Polish granny? You’ll love it. Have a Polish granny? They’ll love you. Newcomers blend indistinguishably into groups of in-the-know students and Poles old and new getting a taste of home. Rustic it may be, but rewarding it definitely is. Barnstorming beef stew on crispy potato pancakes with a sizeable croquette on the side. Pierogi, the national dish, feature prominently and whether cream cheese or cabbage and mushroom they are soft, addictive depth-charge dumplings. Richly flavoured translucent claret borsch that costs less than a bus to Baillieston? You’ll be asking if you’ve had too much hazelnut vodka. You haven’t. Yet. It’s Chopin’s left hand and Lewandowski’s right foot. It’s eating like a king and paying like a pauper. Just pray they don’t change the décor, ever.
- Private dining: Up to 60 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Euro pop
- Live entertainment: Occasional live violin & accordion music
- Capacity: 40
- Largest group: 40
- Open since: 2010
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 8
- House wine: £9 per bottle
Reviews & features
Best budget dining in Glasgow31 May 2018
Where to grab some cheap grub in Glasgow
We've picked out some of Glasgow's best restaurants to head to if you're trying to save a penny or two. These guys are proof that you don't have to spend a fortune in Glasgow to get a truly good feed. Simple ingredients, friendly staff and good vibes…