Papercup Coffee Company
Brilliant coffee and a chirpy atmosphere, delightful baked eggs and a vibrant, veggie-friendly menu at this popular West End hangout.
With more and more cafés striving to establish themselves as hubs of coffee expertise, the simple act of ordering a cuppa can prove complicated, if not a little daunting. With well informed, helpful staff, and handy menu explanations, Papercup’s original café close to Kelvinbridge strips away the intimidation while offering its many customers an array of different tastes and blends, all created in their very own roastery. The food menu predominantly comprises breakfast and brunch items, with dishes ranging from the crowd-pleasing baked eggs with feta, spinach and chorizo, to a playful twist on a classic with the rhubarb custard and pistachio brioche French toast. The modern interior is airy yet comfy, with all-year outdoor seating under a patio heater completing the continental feel. The roastery has spread its successful formula to another venue in town – on historic High Street close to the Cathedral. And you can buy their coffee online should you fancy recreating the quality brews at home.
- High point: Selection of coffee beans available to purchase
- Low point: Can get hectic at peak times
- Notable dish: Haloumi sandwich
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: A laidback playlist
- Capacity: 25 (6 outdoors)
- Largest group: 0
- Open since: 2012
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 0