- Telephone 07999 900696
- Opening times Mon & Tue 9am–6pm; Wed–Fri 9am–7pm; Sat 9am–5pm; Sun 10am–3pm.
Family-run delicatessen selling soups, sandwiches and organic produce, as well as a selection of wine and beer.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Tucked away in the far reaches of the West End, Grays sits unassumingly on Broomhill’s bosky Crow Road. An inviting window display begs entry into this charming delicatessen, where you’ll encounter a packed counter of salads, pâtés and pies. Paninis, toasties and soups are also available for take away, as are Scottish beers from Black Isle Brewery and Drygate, while a few shelves of white, red and sparkling wines are supplied by Bibendum. Outwith wine, there’s a real emphasis on Scottish produce – from a fine selection of Scottish cheeses such as Anster, Caboc, Strathdon blue and bonnet, to eggs from Ayrshire’s Corrie Mains and ice-cream from Colpi’s of Milngavie. Fresh coffee is supplied by local roaster Dear Green.
- High point: Array of Scottish produce
- Low point: No seating
- Notable dish: Smoked salmon and roast pepper salad
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Wheelchair access
- Open since: December 2012
- House wine: £6.99 per bottle