Riverhill Coffee Bar
- Telephone 0141 204 4762
- Food served Mon–Fri 7am–5pm; Sat 8am–5pm; Sun 10am–5pm
- Average price Daily special c. £5 (hot dish or hot sandwich)
- Website www.riverhillcafe.com/coffee-bar/
A contemporary bar with a bare-brick interior and a smattering of seating, serving up delicious snacks, cakes and coffee.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Just seconds from Central Station, Riverhill Coffee Bar is tiny but packed with delights. The exposed brick walls provide a backdrop for a counter that bursts with colour, where sweet treats are artfully presented, such as the rainbow teacake, multi-coloured sponges topped with skittles. In the Tuscan panzanella, spinach and tomatoes are tossed with crumbling croutons, slices of mozzarella, and infused with garlic and basil pesto. The Mexican-inspired chicken ciabatta mixes smoked cheese and chorizo with coriander – full bodied and fresh. Equally good for coffee and cake, the tahini brownie offers an umami edge to a traditionally indulgent sweet. At lunchtime there is a palpable buzz that makes the customers feel like a community, and with just ten covers inside you need to be sharp to nab one – but if you manage it the window seats offer high-density people watching.
- High point: The anticipation of standing in the queue
- Low point: Only a lucky few sit
- Notable dish: Panzanella
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: eclectic retro
- Capacity: 10
- Open since: 2013