The Buff Low Café
- Telephone 0141 248 1777
- Bar open Mon–Fri 5pm–3am; Sat/Sun 1pm–3am
- Average price £14 (evening meal)
- Website www.thebutterflyandthepig.com
This review is taken from the 2013 edition.
Secreted down a typically undulated City Centre backlane, the Buff Low Café is another feather for the Butterfly and the Pig – who now have so much stuff going on in this building that it is turning into a leisure complex. Reshaped from a reclaimed bit of the Buff Club, which is entered by a door from the bar, it's a lot less quirky than the conjoined Butterfly basement bar-bistro, with a faint whiff of the stated 1920s prohibition vibe, though it's essentially a rather cool sports bar. Low-lit and compact, it has a few booths and a central high table – geared towards appreciating the exertions on the projector screen or watching occasional live bands. A handful of global beers and spirits, are joined by a few taps including Blue Moon. Dining options, due to be uprated soon, feature US-themed bar snacks including Buffalo and Kentucky chicken options, chilli dogs and burgers.
- High point: A cool backlane hide-away
- Low point: Glasgow's backlanes aren't the prettiest
- Provides: Wheelchair access
- Live entertainment: Occasional live bands
- Open since: 2013
- House wine: £ per bottle