Rishi's Indian Aroma
- Telephone 0141 332 2522
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–11pm.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Fri 3pm–6pm
- Average price £5.25–-6.99 (set lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £8.99
- Website www.rishisglasgow.co.uk
This review is taken from the 2013 edition.
Enticing smells waft from city centre newcomer Rishi’s Indian Aroma. Present in Aberdeen for the past four years, the Glasgow branch launched in January 2013 following a hunt for the right premises – and an Edinburgh restaurant is in the pipeline for next year. The emphasis is on South Indian specialities such as dosas, idlis and vadas but a vast menu includes thalis, chicken, lamb and prawn madras, korma, patia and rogan josh. The restaurant offers weekday pre-theatre and lunch menus and free dosas on Mondays and Tuesdays. Cutting into a starter of mysore bonda reveals a colourful treat of bright carrot mixed with potato. The ennai katharikai kuzhambu (aubergine curry) is one of the spicier dishes but has a warm spice infusion rather than an unpleasant fire to it. With a modern and stylish décor of orange, cream and grey and a central location on busy Bath Street, Rishi's is shaping up to be a serious rival for other South Indian specialists in town.
- High point: Modern, stylish restaurant with vast choice
- Low point: Confused lunch menu options
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: Indian music
- Capacity: 110
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: 2013
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 3
- House wine: £11.90 per bottle
Reviews & features
Dundee looking East16 Sep 2015
Far East cuisine provides a world of possibilities for city's palate
Chinese and Indian restaurants and takeaways may be long established staples of most British cities, the majority of them providing equally long-established and familiar styles. Over the decades, Dundee has enjoyed an array of less-conventional and…