- Telephone 0141 221 8988
- Opening times Daily: 10am–midnight.
- Bar open Mon–Sun noon–midnight
- Food served Mon–Sun 8am–9pm
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Thu noon–7pm
- Average price £15 (lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £12
- Website kelvingrovecafe.com
Behind the vintage exterior is a stylish hangout providing some of the city’s best cocktails.
This chic spot sits in the heart of fashionable Finnieston yet manages to be unashamedly old-fashioned in all the right ways. A combination as adept as the cocktails it’s renowned for – a Flowing Bowl, named after a 19th-century cocktail bible, is a delicious tankard of rum, brandy and peach tea. Daisy de Santiago, accurately described as a daiquiri with benefits, is a complex concoction not scared to blend sour with sweet. The timeless interior could be from the 1920s – it’s as if Jay Gatsby gave the local pub a makeover. A beautifully finished wood floor, opulently large mirror and elegant bar provide a perfect setting for cocktails that fill up tables that are packed most nights. By day it provides surprisingly good brunches and bakes proving there’s a neighbourhood café amidst the Bellinis and Martinis.
- Provides: Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: lounge music
- Live entertainment: regular live music from acoustic to jazz
- House wine: £16 per bottle
Reviews & features
Best places for cocktails in Glasgow31 May 2018
From martinis to margaritas, we've rounded up some of Glasgow's best cocktail bars
There's never a wrong time for a cocktail, so we've highlighted some of Glasgow's best for you to pop in and try. Whether you're into rum, vodka, gin, tequila or all of the above, the bartenders of Glasgow will mix you up something tasty.