- Telephone 0141 221 8988
- Opening times Daily: 10am–midnight.
- Bar open Mon–Sun noon–midnight
- Food served Mon–Sun 8am–9pm
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Thu noon–7pm
- Average price £15 (lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £12
- Website kelvingrovecafe.com
Behind the vintage exterior is a stylish hangout providing some of the city’s best cocktails.
This chic spot sits in the heart of fashionable Finnieston yet manages to be unashamedly old-fashioned in all the right ways. A combination as adept as the cocktails it’s renowned for – a Flowing Bowl, named after a 19th-century cocktail bible, is a delicious tankard of rum, brandy and peach tea. Daisy de Santiago, accurately described as a daiquiri with benefits, is a complex concoction not scared to blend sour with sweet. The timeless interior could be from the 1920s – it’s as if Jay Gatsby gave the local pub a makeover. A beautifully finished wood floor, opulently large mirror and elegant bar provide a perfect setting for cocktails that fill up tables that are packed most nights. By day it provides surprisingly good brunches and bakes proving there’s a neighbourhood café amidst the Bellinis and Martinis.
- High point: Timeless style and cocktails to match
- Low point: Food is a bit pricey
- Notable dish: Tunisian Brik
- Provides: Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: lounge music
- Live entertainment: regular live music from acoustic to jazz
- House wine: £16 per bottle