- Telephone 0141 332 0972
- Bar open Mon–Fri noon-midnight; Sat/Sun 11am–midnight
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–9.45pm
- Average price £5.50 (set lunch); £15 (evening meal)
Blend of a traditional bar atmosphere with modern gastropub sensibilities, fervent commitment to craft ales and a strong local identity.
A favoured spot for Subway commuters, professional West End characters and rugby fans, Munro's has the whole modern dining bar vibe down to a fine art. Part of the new wave of craft ale devotees, inside Munro’s the design cues are as you would expect from this particular breed of bar: bare brick, mismatched furniture in cosy corners, leather booths, chrome fittings, bright lighting. Yet this is not a paint-by-numbers operation, there's real soul here, a sense of community and an enthusiasm that's infectious. There's also loaded burgers – the Sloppy Joe with chilli, cheese and sour cream a particular recommendation – as well as gastro hot dogs and all the bar bites you could desire. If you are partial to the classic combination of pizza and beer, remember Munro's offer two classic pizzas or pasta dishes for a tenner all day Monday to Friday. A relatively newcomer in the area, they're scaling new heights on Great Western Road.
- High point: Great for casual dining
- Low point: Can be taken over by sports fans on match day
- Notable dish: Scotty dog - hot dog with haggis and cheese (£8)
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: Quiz on a Thursday, DJs weekends, open mic Tuesday with Tommy Reilly, live sport
- Capacity: 80
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: 2013
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 10
- House wine: £13.50 per bottle