- Telephone 0131 225 6220
- Seasonal times Festival and Christmas: open until 3am
- Bar open Sun–Thu noon–midnight; Fri/Sat noon–1am.
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–10pm.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Fri 4–7pm.
- Pre-theatre price £12.95
- Website www.barsoba.co.uk
Pan-Asian street food, cheap cocktails and DJs keep this bar loud and lively.
This New Town bar walks the line between bar and restaurant, offering pan-Asian street food, cheap cocktails and loud music to a young, lively crowd. The menu covers all the bases, from dumplings and noodles to curries and rice dishes, and takes its fusions to the extreme with choices such as cheeseburger spring rolls and a salt and pepper fish finger sandwich. Highlights include a buttermilk fried chicken katsu curry and soft shell crab with chilli-lime mayo. The cocktails take equal billing with the food, and the weekend boozy brunch menu combines the two into a fixed-price offer. Student nights, cheap deals and regular DJs ensure this place is buzzing throughout the week.
- Delivery: https://deliveroo.co.uk/menu/edinburgh/new-town/bar-soba-edinburgh
- Provides: Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Hip hop, disco, dance.
- Live entertainment: Regular DJs
- Capacity: 160
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2012
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 6
- House wine: £17 per bottle
Events at this venue
Sorted by title / date & time
Saturday 29 February
Saturday 7 March
Saturday 14 March
Saturday 21 March
Saturday 28 March
- 21:00 – 02:00
- Late Night Saturday Sessions Edinburgh
- 21:00 – 00:00
- Late Night Sessions Edinburgh
Saturday 4 April
Saturday 11 April
Saturday 18 April
Saturday 25 April
Reviews & features
Street food bursts out from its exotic enclave in Glasgow and Edinburgh2 Apr 2015
Enjoy casual pan-Asian dining at restaurants including Bar Soba, Tuk Tuk and The Hanoi Bike Shop
From the crowded streets of Cambodia to the hustling alleys of Singapore, street food is an everyday occurrence for millions of people. Something that’s so mundane (to them) as a pandan pudding in Kuala Lumpur or a kimbap in Seoul suddenly becomes…