The Blue Bear
- Telephone 0131 629 0229
- Opening times Mon & Wed–Fri 8am–3.30pm; Sat & Sun 9am–3.30pm.
- Seasonal times Seasonal summer & winter hours
- Food served Mon & Wed–Fri 8am–3.30pm; Sat/Sun 9am–3.30pm. Closed Tue.
With a strong brunch focus, this fully licensed café in Canonmills offers all the classics and more.
With a strong brunch focus, this fully licensed café in Canonmills offers all the classics and more. The ‘build your own bear’ allows for a tailor-made full breakfast; eggs are prepared every which way from benedict to omelette; indulgent waffles come with toppings like berries and crème fraiche, or you can opt for the likes of porridge and homemade granola. The simple lunch menu includes croques, bagels, nachos, soup and salads. All cakes are freshly made in-house, with plenty of gluten-free options, such as blueberry and almond cake – a moist, dense sponge laced with sharp bursts of fresh blueberry, and topped with crunchy almond flakes. Both breakfast / brunch and lunch menus are served all day; there’s a menu for the little ones, and pooches are welcome, too. Aside from the food, plenty of board games and table tennis downstairs will keep you entertained on a lazy Sunday afternoon.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Spotify
- Capacity: 42 (8 outdoors)
- Largest group: 8–10
- Open since: 2013
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 4 including prosecco
- House wine: £16 per bottle