Café at GOMA
- Telephone 0141 287 3058
- Food served Mon–Wed & Sat 10am–4.30pm; Thu 10am–7.30pm; Fri & Sun 11am–4.30pm.
- Average price £4.95 - soup and sandwich (set lunch)
A small, tranquil lunch spot, housed in the basement area of the Gallery of Modern Art.
Modern art tends to be a rather divisive subject, yet regardless of your opinion of the exhibitions presented at GOMA, the downstairs café provides a space to contemplate the merits of the artwork on display over lunch. Despite the fact that choice is fairly limited, the menu focuses on trusty favourites with baguettes, sandwiches and panini available with various filings, such as cheese and ham, Cajun chicken, and tuna, served with creamy coleslaw and green salad, so ultimately the brief menu leaves no one disappointed. With hot and cold drinks, soups and a selection of scones and cakes also served up throughout the day, the café is a peaceful retreat from its perpetually busy surrounding area.
- High point: Unusually peaceful for a city centre café
- Low point: Food is very unadventurous
- Notable dish: Cajun chicken sandwich
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: no music
- Capacity: 32
- Largest group: (often booked for functions)