- Telephone 0141 882 3222
- Food served Tue–Thu noon–10pm; Fri/Sat noon–midnight; Sun 5pm–midnight.
- Pre-theatre times Tue–Sun 5–7pm
- Average price £5.95 (set lunch); £16 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £9.95
- Website casaoletapas.co.uk
Opening in October 2012, Glasgow’s latest Spanish-themed restaurant occupies a Cardonald site that’s housed a succession of Italian restaurants over the years. An appealing menu lists 29 tapas and four paellas, and some interesting options include grilled mackerel with a citrus dressing, morcilla (Spanish black pudding), a typically Andalusian dish of slow-cooked leeks with garlic, and a salad of roasted pear with Serrano ham. Prices are a bit below average, with tapas going from about £3.75 up rather than the more typical fiver – order two or three tapas per head and the difference will be noticeable – and there are good lunch and pre-theatre deals. Decent tempranillo (red) and airen (white) house wines will also help keep the bill down to a modest level.
- High point: Looks like good value for money
- Low point: Off the beaten track for most
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu
- Capacity: 45
- Largest group: 45
- Open since: 2012
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 5
- House wine: £12.95 per bottle