- Telephone 01671 403 330
- Seasonal times Nov–Mar Mon–Sat 9am–3.30pm. Closed Sun.
- Food served April–October: Mon–Sat 10am–4pm. Closed Sun.
- Average price £10 (lunch)
- Website www.riverbanknewtonstewart.co.uk
The Riverbank has been a popular pitstop next to the River Cree for over a decade, with free parking due to its proximity to Newton Stewart's two largest supermarkets. The interior is pretty and traditional, with an old fashioned 'tearoom' vibe. Everything is made on site from scratch, using some excellent local ingredients - Marrbury smoked salmon is a regular feature, as well as sausages from the local butcher.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Wheelchair access