The Kitchen Window
- Telephone 0141 339 3303
- Opening times Mon–Sat 9am–6pm; Sun 9am–5pm
- Food served Mon-Sat 9am-6pm; Sun10am-5pm
- Average price £6 (lunch)
This review is taken from the 2015 edition.
The glow of warm lighting and rich aroma of coffee successfully entice passers-by to stop off at the Kitchen Window. The deli produces cakes, tarts, sandwiches and salads among a variety of other dishes in the open kitchen, and with plenty of seating available customers have the choice of taking home their purchases or sitting in and enjoying the café’s cosy setting. Whether it be the contents of the lunch meal deal or the simply perfect pastry base of the chocolate and pear tart, the food benefits from that unmistakable freshness which comes from having been cooked on site. And fans of a good hot chocolate will thoroughly enjoy the café’s dark, frothy offering.
- High point: Freshly prepared food at a reasonable price
- Low point: Seating is a little uncomfortable
- Provides: Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 22 (6 outdoors)