Popular gathering point in Stockbridge dishing up casual, yummy food.
Some places just fit so naturally in their skin. The Pantry nestles into the nature of Stockbridge fully and easily. Stepping inside is like wandering into a chum’s front room. A chum who cooks well, that is, and is always happy to have you drop in unannounced. The Pantry has recently started doing evening meals at weekends but it remains primarily a daytime gathering point. Parents with kids, couples and friends meeting up to chew the fat and catch up on life, enjoying casual, yummy food like the Vegetarians Anonymous plate, with its selection of tempting roasted veg, guacamole, poached eggs and delicious nibbles. Carnivores settle firmly into slow-cooked pulled pork with bourbon BBQ sauce or brisket quesadilla with kidney beans, guacamole and cheese. Feeling munchy? Give in to crisp, warm, homemade waffles, with mixed berry compote and clotted cream piled high on top. And as there is never a wrong time for cake – indulge in masses of home baking worth every calorie.
- High point: So gosh darn relaxing
- Low point: Leaving
- Notable dish: Vegetarians Anonymous
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Jazz, Dixie
- Live entertainment: Very occasional live music - e.g. Burn's Night
- Capacity: 46
- Largest group: 80 for standing functions, 42 for seated
- Open since: 2012
- BYOB: free corkage