- Telephone 01387 259679
- Opening times Easter–Sep 30: Mon 11am–4pm; Tue–Sat 11am–4pm, 6–10pm; Sun 1–5pm.
- Seasonal times Oct 1st–Easter: Mon 11am–4pm; Tue–Sat 11am–4pm, 6–10pm.
- Food served Summer: Mon noon–3pm; Tue–Sat noon–3pm, 6–9pm; Sun 1–4pm. Winter: Mon noon–3pm; Tue–Sat noon–3pm, 6–9pm.
- Website www.hullabaloorestaurant.co.uk
After a short walk along the River Nith to the Robert Burns Centre, the Hullabaloo Restaurant is an unexpected find. Open for day and evening meals, it goes for big, international flavours: evening dishes might include Creole-inspired peppers stuffed with spiced ground beef and rice, seared Wester Ross scallops with Spanish black pudding or a steak with cheddar and leek croquettes and Innis & Gunn beer reduction. Lunches are a mix of really interesting salads, unusual toastie melts (with fillings like kale and macadamia pesto, roasted beetroot, squash and feta) and substantial hot dishes. Though there are only a couple of choices, vegetarians are catered for more thoughtfully than is often the case. Despite the worldwide flavours, an effort is made with sourcing – meat is local, chicken free range and eggs organic.
- Provides: Wheelchair access