- Telephone 0131 225 5755
- Seasonal times Closed Mon in Winter.
- Food served Mon–Thu noon–9pm; Fri/Sat noon–10pm. Closed Sun.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Sat 4.45–6.45pm
- Pre-theatre price £15.50 (3 mezze and dessert)
- Website www.yenirestaurant.com
Traditional and contemporary mezze from Turkey, Greece, Lebanon and Italy.
This charming family-run mezze bar and restaurant feels welcoming, sociable and hospitable as friends, couples and colleagues tear into a Mediterranean and Middle Eastern feast. Begin by ordering the aromatic dolma, zesty tabbouleh and, considering that complimentary pittas are served, try some hummus and creamy tzatziki, too. Food comes out as soon as it’s ready, so hot dishes follow shortly after: king prawns sautéed in garlic butter with chilli; a dark, sticky aubergine saksuka and Yeni’s take on the famous Turkish dish, iskender – chopped pitta bread covered in a rich tomato and herb sauce, topped with chicken and garlic yoghurt. They offer a good selection of wines from across the globe, though a bottle of Efes lager washes everything down nicely. If you’ve managed not to over-order, try the deliciously syrupy chocolate baklava with a traditional Turkish coffee.
An intimate meze bar in Edinburgh's well-heeled new town, Yeni restaurant offers a mix of Mediterranean and Middle Eastern dishes. Boasting high ceilings and streams of natural light, the Yeni dining room features bohemian prints, fresh flowers and swathes of polished wood. Along with traditional meze sharing dishes, enjoy eastern-style desserts and choose from the accomplished wine stock.
Text supplied by third party.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Contemporary, Middle Eastern, Scottish
- Capacity: 50
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2012
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 10
- House wine: £16.95 per bottle