- Telephone 0141 332 7304
- Bar open Sun–Fri 5pm–midnight; Sat noon–midnight.
- Food served Sun–Fri 5pm–10pm; Sat noon–10pm.
- Average price £11 (lunch); £11 (evening meal)
- Website www.broadcastglasgow.com
This review is taken from the 2014 edition.
Closed in 2012, the Captain's Rest is much missed, as a bar and especially as a gig venue. But its effective successor Broadcast – situated much more centrally, practically eyeball-to-eyeball with nearest rival Nice 'n' Sleazy – promises to be just as cherished in time. Owners PCL, one of Scotland’s biggest concert promoters, have sagely let the kitchen out as a franchise, run by Sean Toner – previously at Crabshakk and many other Glasgow eateries before that. Realistic about the limited range of demand for good food on Sauchiehall St, he’s doing ambitious things within the narrow confines of pub grub – pizzas with Mediterranean toppings (up to two-feet large), homemade burgers from high-quality Andrew Reid beef and healthy, zesty salads. Most of the food and drink will be wolfed down pre or post gig but it may in time become as hot a ticket as the near-nightly shows downstairs.
- High point: Glasgow can never have too many music bars …
- Low point: but it's still not the Captain's Rest
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: Live gigs in basement: rock, pop, indie, etc
- Capacity: 40
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: 2012
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 8
- House wine: £11 per bottle
There are 9 events at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Allsorts Cabaret April (Part One)
Cabaret mix-up featuring songs, comedy, burlesque and escapology.
An alternative LGBT night playing house, electro and disco.
Lo-fi electro punk duo from the States.
Raw, stripped back guitar and bass duo Cleo Tucker and Harmony Tividad.
Wed 9 Sep
Times & prices to be confirmed / 0141 332 7304
The King Khan & BBQ Show
Garage rock duo from Canada.
Blackpool's punk rockers. Formed in 1977, the group has had no less than 13 members over the decades.
Arkansas underground proggy gloom metallers.
The Slow Show
Alternative Americana/folk/rock band from Manchester.