The Mash Tun
- Telephone 0131 661 3896
- Bar open Mon–Thu noon–midnight; Fri noon–1am; Sat/Sun 11am–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Wed noon–9pm; Thu/Fri noon–10pm; Sat 11am–10pm; Sun 11am–9pm.
- Average price £16 (lunch); £16 (evening meal)
- Website www.mashtunedinburgh.co.uk
Unpretentious neighbourhood sports pub with good beer, good grub, and a good pub quiz.
Operated by the folk behind the Southside’s Greenmantle, the Mash Tun is a popular Easter Road pub in an area somewhat lacking in cool watering holes. The big screens showing live sports are a big draw as is the excellent range of Scottish craft beer and the 2-for-1 pizza deal (available Monday to Wednesday). The food in general walks the tried and tested pub-food path, with nachos, steak pie and chilli all featuring. But it’s the buffalo burgers that shine here, with meat from Fife’s Puddledub served on a pretzel bun and topped with an eye-popping variety of options. Kids are welcome, as are football fans, and there’s an all-day Sunday roast to add to the community pub vibe.
- High point: Beer, pizza and live sport…
- Low point: …live sport won't appeal to everyone
- Notable dish: The Mash Tun burger
- Delivery: via Deliveroo
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Arctic Monkeys
- Capacity: 65 seated, 120 standing
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2013
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £14 per bottle
Events at this venue
There is 1 event at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
The Mash Tun Pub Quiz
A weekly pub quiz with a £25 bar tab prize.
Win a meal for two at The Mash Tun in Edinburgh
Based half way up and half way down Easter Road in Edinburgh, The Mash Tun Bier House and Kitchen is the perfect place for home cooked food, great beer and a range of cocktails.