The Mash Tun
- Telephone 0131 661 3896
- Bar open Mon–Thu noon–midnight; Fri noon–1am; Sat/Sun 11am–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Wed noon–9pm; Thu/Fri noon–10pm; Sat 11am–10pm; Sun 11am–9pm.
- Average price £16 (lunch); £16 (evening meal)
- Website www.mashtunedinburgh.co.uk
Unpretentious neighbourhood sports pub with good beer, good grub, and a good pub quiz.
Operated by the folk behind the Southside’s Greenmantle, the Mash Tun is a popular Easter Road pub in an area somewhat lacking in cool watering holes. The big screens showing live sports are a big draw as is the excellent range of Scottish craft beer and the 2-for-1 pizza deal (available Monday to Wednesday). The food in general walks the tried and tested pub-food path, with nachos, steak pie and chilli all featuring. But it’s the buffalo burgers that shine here, with meat from Fife’s Puddledub served on a pretzel bun and topped with an eye-popping variety of options. Kids are welcome, as are football fans, and there’s an all-day Sunday roast to add to the community pub vibe.
- Delivery: via Deliveroo
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Arctic Monkeys
- Capacity: 65 seated, 120 standing
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2013
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £14 per bottle
Events at this venue
There is 1 event at this location
Sorted by title / date & time