Stack Dim Sum Bar
- Telephone 0131 553 7330
- Food served Thu–Tue noon–9.30pm. Closed Wed.
Arguably the best dim sum joint in Edinburgh.
Stack Dim Sum Bar specialises in genuine dim sum, packed full of warming flavours and tempting aromas. Families, couples and friends cram around tables and make up for the understated interior by creating a celebratory atmosphere. Dishes come out in no particular order so choose a varied selection. The char sui bun is a great place to start – a small, light flour bun stuffed with pork and caramelised sauce. For something crispy, the flash-fried squid cake comes with a garlic and sweet chilli dip, while the brilliant Cantonese-style pot licker dumplings are dipped in ginger and vinegar sauce – finger-lickin' fun. The house roast pork cheung fun brings a gelatinous texture to the table: a silky-smooth rice roll wrapped around well-seasoned pork morsels. Fans of the dim sum experience – or indeed complete novices – would do well to spend some time here.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Asian music
- Capacity: 35
- Largest group: 32
- Open since: 2012
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 2
- House wine: £16 per bottle