Siempre Bicycle Café
This restaurant has ceased trading.
Slick and spacious Partick café with bright colours and a cycling theme, with food that’s healthy and hearty in equal measure.
For a café, Siempre is properly chilled out, and spacious – rare qualities among Glasgow’s café scene. The striking purple walls, covered in cycling memorabilia and merchandise, set it apart, too. The crowd is a pretty even spread of cyclists, mothers, students and everyone in between. That communal sense permeates, from the reconditioned wooden furniture, to the event nights (bike maintenance, cheese and wine, hip-hop), to the garden that was made fit-for-purpose by volunteering regulars. In the summer, with a beer or a glass of wine, that garden is a delightful spot. Food sits in brunch/lunch middle ground – hearty but healthy sandwiches such as the Prawnery (rye, prawns, avocado) or a roast chicken banh mi, with a small range of salads. Benedicts are popular, and even the stuff that could get stodgy, such as the Siempre Croque (French toast with three cheeses and bacon), is neither overly rich nor laden.
- Delivery: Deliveroo
- Private dining: Up to 30 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Blues to techno and everything in between - well known for their discerning tastes!
- Live entertainment: Siempre Sessions, organised by Overheard in the Westend group; occasional hip hop nights
- Capacity: 60 (40 outdoors)
- Largest group: 60
- Open since: 2012
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 6
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle