- Telephone 0141 847 0880
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–10pm
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Sun 5–7.30pm
- Average price £7.50 (set lunch); £14 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £14.95
- Website www.larotunda.com
This review is taken from the 2013 edition.
While all that is new and shiny and steel springs up around it, the North Rotunda, for long a restaurant complex but once the entrance to the tunnel under the Clyde, is looking distinctly old-fashioned in its brick and cast iron exterior – a rather dumpy and magnificent presence stubbornly hanging on in the face of modernity. The restaurant on the ground floor offers dependable Italian favourites – the pizza/pasta/several mains triumvirate – at prices offering good enough value to keep the smartly appointed (including an impressive round central area with stool and benches encircling) venue frequented by local business types and visitors or those taking in a show at the SECC or Hydro.
- High point: Great building
- Low point: Next to car parks and building sites
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs
- House wine: £16 per bottle