This restaurant has ceased trading.
- Food served Mon–Fri 8am–5.30pm; Sat 9am–5.30pm: Sun 10am–5.30pm.
- Average price £9 (lunch)
Authentic Italian savouries and cakes in a teensy neighbourhood joint close to the Botanics.
A little bit of Italy in Glasgow – a very little bit, as there's not much space in this small, friendly neighbourhood café run by two southern Italians and beloved by locals. Inside is crammed with imported products – almost everything they sell is from the old country as they specialise in authentic Italian cured meats and cheese along with specialist olive oils, pasta sauces and such, which are also for sale. Whether a breakfast toastie or croissant, or a lunchtime panini or salad, all the ingredients are noticeably fresh and good quality. Fillings vary but include a warm Ispani featuring intense pancetta, thick mozzarella and sundried tomatoes, or a simple Genova with cheese, tomatoes and basil pesto. Salads are filling and drizzled with balsamic vinegar, and homemade cakes and little flaky pastries, with great coffee, make for an indulgent finale.
- High point: Laid-back Italian charm
- Low point: Space at a premium
- Notable dish: Italain cured-meat and cheese sandwiches
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: Italian pop or local radio
- Capacity: 14 (4 outdoors)
- Largest group: 16
- Open since: January 2012