- Telephone 0141 221 1136
- Opening times Mon–Thu & Sun 11.30am–10pm; Fri & Sat 11.30am–midnight.
- Food served Sun–Thu 11am–9.30pm; Fri 11.30am–10.30am; Sat 11.30am–10.30pm.
- Average price £12 (set lunch); (set evening meal)
- Website www.panevino.co.uk
Stylish, bustling Italian bar and restaurant, serving cocktails and plenty wines by the glass alongside authentic Italian dishes.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
With a central marble bar as its focal point, this busy, modern Italian in Glasgow’s Finnieston is a great little spot for cocktails and snacks, or something a bit more substantial. Having recently moved away from the ‘small plates’ approach to dining, the menu now takes a more traditional starter/main format. Sizzling chilli and garlic king prawns and carpaccio of beef with rocket and parmesan are two particular highlights from the starters. Invoking authentic Italian flavours, their osso bucco, a rich veal shin ragù, is oven-baked for no less than eight hours and served with a classic accompaniment of creamy risotto alla milanese. Zuppa di pesce is more of a stew than a soup with an unctuous tomato sauce. Desserts can be a bit heavy-duty with cheesecake, tiramisu and chocolate lasagne among the offerings, as well as pear cannelloni – sweet ricotta encased in crêpes, with a deeply flavoured pear and caramel sauce. The wine list suits most tastes and budgets, with all available by the glass, alongside a list of expertly blended classic cocktails and flavoured bellinis.
- High point: Stylish surroundings
- Low point: Limited choice of beers
- Notable dish: Antipasto misto max
Elegant cafe/enoteca open 7 days per week for coffee, lunch deals, over 30 wines available by the glass, prosecco and cocktails, Italian snacks and meals. The centre piece is a deli island where a large range of meats and cheeses are cut to order; surrounded by an elegant marble food bar. Bookings can be taken for mezzanine level for parties up to 20 people. Only a 5 minute walk from SECC and Glasgow Hydro.
Text supplied by third party.
- Private dining: 20 (mezzanine)
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 60
- Largest group: 40
- Open since: 2012
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 30
- House wine: £16 per bottle