- Telephone 0141 221 1136
- Opening times Mon–Thu & Sun 11.30am–10pm; Fri & Sat 11.30am–midnight.
- Food served Sun–Tue noon–9pm; Wed noon–9.30pm; Thu noon-10pm; Fri/Sat noon –10.30pm
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Fri 3–6pm
- Pre-theatre price £17.95
- Website www.panevino.co.uk
Stylish, bustling bar and restaurant, serving cocktails and plenty of wines by the glass alongside Italian dishes.
In the competitive market of Finneston eateries, Panevino holds its own with a classic approach to Italian dining. A marble-topped bar dominates the ground floor and diners can perch on bar stools for drinks and nibbles or enjoy meals at tables tucked away in corners and nooks. A curved staircase leads to more seating on a mezzanine level. Fish features on the menu in many guises – prawns, calamari and scallops are all available as hot starters, pasta can be dressed with clams, king prawns, salmon and even lobster and there’s a popular mixed fried fish main that takes fish and chips upmarket. Carnivores are well catered for with dishes such as Italian sausages with pepperonata or penne diavolina – grilled chicken in a fresh chilli, garlic and tomato sauce. Vegetarians may find slim pickings but melanzane alla parmigiana is a delicious combination of melting aubergine, rich tomato sauce and gooey mozzarella. There is a good wine menu covering all tastes, from easy-drinking Merlot to budget-busting Barolo, and there are wine flights available for those who can’t choose just one.
Elegant cafe/enoteca open 7 days per week for coffee, lunch deals, over 30 wines available by the glass, prosecco and cocktails, Italian snacks and meals. The centre piece is a deli island where a large range of meats and cheeses are cut to order; surrounded by an elegant marble food bar. Bookings can be taken for mezzanine level for parties up to 20 people. Only a 5 minute walk from SEC and Glasgow Hydro.
Text supplied by third party.
- Delivery: Deliveroo
- Private dining: 20 (mezzanine)
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Motown hits, general pop music
- Capacity: 65
- Largest group: 20
- Open since: 2012
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 19
- House wine: £17 per bottle