- Telephone 0141 221 1136
- Opening times Mon–Thu & Sun 11.30am–10pm; Fri & Sat 11.30am–midnight.
- Food served Sun–Tue noon–9pm; Wed noon–9.30pm; Thu noon-10pm; Fri/Sat noon –10.30pm
- Pre-theatre times Sun–Thu 3–6pm
- Pre-theatre price £17.95
- Website www.panevino.co.uk
Stylish, bustling bar and restaurant, serving cocktails and plenty of wines by the glass alongside Italian dishes.
A sleek café and enoteca flying the Italian flag for Finnieston, always alight with the animated chatter that Italian locals themselves associate with a restaurant of superior stature. Tables spread out from the marble bar – a cosy corner here, an ambient-lit table for two there – while bar stools prop up eager diners as they sip on Syrah and dip in and out of antipasto platters. Up on the mezzanine, a second tier of guests can peer down on fellow diners below or people-watch the outside world. Fresh pasta bakes and classics adorn the menu, while meat and fish are sourced from local suppliers. You’ll struggle to find a better catch of the day than in mouthful after mouthful of the tender grilled lobster meat, or in the hearty salmon chunks sandwiched between a tangle of linguine. This is neighbourhood dining at its best, where everyone’s tastes are championed, whether it's a bottle of wine and plate of olives between friends, or a lively family get-together where even the little ones grin widely, faces covered in pomodoro sauce.
Elegant cafe/enoteca open 7 days per week for coffee, lunch deals, over 30 wines available by the glass, prosecco and cocktails, Italian snacks and meals. The centre piece is a deli island where a large range of meats and cheeses are cut to order; surrounded by an elegant marble food bar. Bookings can be taken for mezzanine level for parties up to 20 people. Only a 5 minute walk from SEC and Glasgow Hydro.
Text supplied by third party.
- Private dining: 20 (mezzanine)
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Chilled / Italian
- Capacity: 65
- Largest group: 20
- Open since: 2012
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 19
- House wine: £17 per bottle