- Telephone 0141 221 1136
- Opening times Mon–Thu & Sun 11.30am–10pm; Fri & Sat 11.30am–midnight.
- Food served Sun–Thu 11.30am–9.30pm; Fri/Sat 11.30am –10.30pm. Closed Mon.
- Pre-theatre times Tue–Sun noon–6pm
- Average price £15 (set lunch); £19 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £15
- Website www.panevino.co.uk
Stylish, bustling Italian bar and restaurant, serving cocktails and plenty wines by the glass alongside authentic Italian dishes.
Now in the hands of sisters Gabriella and Rosaria Crolla of The Italian Club group of restaurants in Liverpool, Panevino has maintained its unique appeal as a lively and chic café and enoteca in the face of stiff competition from a host of cuisines in surrounding Finnieston. At the heart of the restaurant the bar area has a joyful buzz with diners blithely sipping good Italian wine and nibbling cut-to-order antipasto platters, all while eyeing up shelves stacked with imported goodies from behind the marble counter. Quality of ingredients is apparent in carefully prepared dishes, and unusually for Italian restaurants in Glasgow, Panevino make their own Italian sausage – delicately spiced and exceedingly juicy in their salsiccia e fagioli. Osso buco is undoubtedly – as their website claims – roasted for eight hours, and the rendered down fat makes for a rich and bold sauce. A thoughtful selection of desserts exceed your standard tiramisù and choice of gelato, and their gorgeous pear cannelloni dish presented in a hot skillet with slightly savoury pistachio ice-cream melting into intensely sweet and rich caramel sauce is a delight.
- High point: Lively atmosphere
- Low point: Pushed for space
- Notable dish: Pear cannelloni
Elegant cafe/enoteca open 7 days per week for coffee, lunch deals, over 30 wines available by the glass, prosecco and cocktails, Italian snacks and meals. The centre piece is a deli island where a large range of meats and cheeses are cut to order; surrounded by an elegant marble food bar. Bookings can be taken for mezzanine level for parties up to 20 people. Only a 5 minute walk from SECC and Glasgow Hydro.
Text supplied by third party.
- Private dining: 20 (mezzanine)
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Ella Fitzgerald
- Capacity: 63
- Largest group: 20
- Open since: 2012
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 18
- House wine: £17 per bottle