Peter's Yard Café Stockbridge
Stockbridge-based Scandinavian artisanal bakery, producing traditional Swedish goods.
By summer 2017, Peter's Yard Stockbridge will have given itself a minor name change and a major refit – they’ll still be serving all the same quality baking and Swedish cakes, they’ll just be calling it Sӧderberg instead (after that, Peter’s Yard will only be used as the brand name for their popular sourdough crispbreads which have become something of a runaway success.) They are for sale in the café, alongside other take-home bits and pieces, like packs of loose leaf tea from Anteaques, coffee from Johan & Nystrӧm Kaffe in Sweden and bags of the in-house granola. Healthy lunches can include a satisfying salad of spiced roast potato, quinoa and cauliflower, or a hearty bowl of homemade soup of the day, which comes with bread, or a filling sandwich, such as the smoked salmon ‘laxrӧra’. The sourdough pizza is sadly no longer available, which will make many hearts in Stockbridge sink (it’s now available in Sӧderberg Pavilion near Quartermile instead) but there are still many Scandinavian spiced cardamon buns, parsnip cake, chocolate balls and cookies as consolation.
- High point: A good spot for fika time
- Low point: No more sourdough pizza
- Notable dish: Spiced roast potato, quinoa and cauliflower salad
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Capacity: 30
- Largest group: 8
- Open since: 2012
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 5
- House wine: £9 per bottle