Dog-friendly riverside bar with over 70 bottled beers, a menu of BBQ food and pub classics and a spacious beer garden.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Beer reins supreme in this riverside bar decorated with monochrome murals of boozing animals. There are over 70 bottled varieties in the fridges, cask and keg options that change daily and a spacious beer garden in which to enjoy them. Beer also features in the food, with tender brisket soaked in Midnight Sun Porter and a steak pie flavoured with Blackball Stout. The menu includes classic pub grub and BBQ, while an impressive list of burger and pizza toppings, including hot naga chilli sauce, grilled prawn and roast garlic, allows you to get creative. Red ale slow-cooked pork ribs come so mountainous they are delivered with a “good luck” – the accompanying Joker-battered onion rings are beautifully crispy. If any morsel should fall on the floor it'll be hoovered up by one of the many canine clientele whose owners stop in to enjoy a drink as they walk along the Kelvin.
- High point: Tender meats slow-cooked with craft beer
- Low point: Initial damp smell when you first arrive
- Notable dish: Red ale ribs
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Chosen by whoever is on shift. Indie and alt.rock.
- Live entertainment: DJ Fri/Sat. Spoken word' every second Tues.
- Capacity: 60
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: 2012
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 5
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle