- Telephone 0141 552 1777
- Bar open Mon–Sun noon–midnight
- Food served Mon–Sun 11am–10pm
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Thu 4–7pm
- Average price £9 (set lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £9 (3 small plates)
- Website www.brutticompadres.com
Chic but sociable Merchant City bar with sneakily good tapas – easy to miss but worth finding.
Tucked away in Virginia Court Brutti Compadres offers a menu inspired by Mediterranean cities and shores. There is a holiday feel to cafe bar, with postcards and fridge magnets pinned to the walls and plants trailing exotically from the ceiling. The wide ranging menu offers skewers, salads, brutti breads, nachos, pastas and sandwiches, and the small plates are an excellent way to try a variety of dishes. The salt and pepper squid has too much batter but the chicken and chorizo paella is generously packed with pulled chicken, angry prawns are juicy and dressed with chilli and the patatas bravas has more depth than most, with a chunky tomato and red pepper sauce. To drink there's continental draft beer, holiday favourites such as Aperol Spritz and a well chosen list of wine from Italy, Portugal and Spain. A Brutti Cooler of gin, lemoncello and San Pellegrino lemonata will transport you to the Mediterranean on the greyest of Glasgow days.
- Private dining: 35 downstairs lounge
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Prince
- Capacity: 75
- Largest group: 35
- Open since: July 2012
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 9
- House wine: £18.95 per bottle
Events at this venue
There is 1 event at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Brutti Compadres Courtyard
To celebrate the Merchant City Festival, Brutti Compadres will be putting on live music in Virginia Court over both weekends.