The Tea Room at the Botanics
- Telephone 0141 276 1640
- Seasonal times Winter (1st Oct to 1st April) closes at 4pm.
- Food served Mon–Sun 10am–6pm.
- Average price £7.95 (set lunch)
- Website www.encorehospitalityservices.co.uk
Charming and cheerful, the tearooms in the Botanic Gardens are at their best enjoying cakes and caffeine on the terrace.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
A good old-fashioned Victorian tearoom with a healthy dose of Glaswegian pragmatism, the Botanics' Tea Room isn’t pretentious or filled with dainty china, but does retain the finer points of high tea. The relaxed atmosphere makes for extended, caffeine-fuelled chats over the quintessential tiered cake trays, while the names of the afternoon teas reflect aspects of the Gardens setting. A ‘Kelvin’ will provide you with several cakes, a beautifully soft scone and, of course, cucumber sandwiches with the crusts removed. On a sunny day, a spot on the large patio sipping Matthew Algie coffee in the quiet splendour of the Botanics is hard to beat.
- High point: Accommodating and charming setting
- Low point: If you don’t like bread you’re in the wrong place
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Capacity: 48 (60 outdoors)
- Largest group: 0
- Open since: 2012
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 0