The Tea Room at the Botanics
- Telephone 0141 276 1640
- Seasonal times Winter (1st Oct to 1st April) closes at 4pm
- Food served Mon–Sun 10am–6pm
- Average price £13.50 (afternoon tea)
- Website www.encorehospitalityservices.co.uk
Charming and cheerful, this café in the Botanic Gardens is at its best enjoying cakes and caffeine on the terrace.
Situated in the house of the former curator of the Botanic Gardens, this busy little tearoom in the heart of the West End is a picturesque spot for a bite to eat. The outdoor patio overlooks beautiful Kibble Palace and is a lovely setting to enjoy one of the garden-themed afternoon teas. Choose from The Kibble, The Botanic or The Kelvin, ranging in price from £10.50 to £13.50. All include sandwiches, scones and baked goods in varying quantities. The soup and sandwich deal for £8.50 is good value for money and there are a variety of breads to sample including farmhouse white, Struan (from the Western Isles) light rye or gluten-free. You can’t miss the impressive range of cakes on display, so indulge in a big slice washed down with a cup of Matthew Algie coffee.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: Nothing
- Capacity: 48 (60 outdoors)
- Largest group: 0
- Open since: 2012
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 0