Yiamas Greek Taverna
Authentic homemade Greek food served fast and fresh, also available to take away.
Yiamas Taverna is an unassuming family-friendly Greek diner located smack bang in the city centre action. Yiamas dishes up an affordable menu which is a real who’s who of famous Greek food done well – moussaka, dolmades, gyros, halloumi and kebabs piled high with generous servings of meat. If you have a favourite Greek dish, chances are you will be able to find it here. Even if it’s not on the menu it is worth asking staff to put it to the chefs who know their stuff and are happy to go off-piste if the ingredients are there. The atmosphere is more café than restaurant, with bright lighting, cutlery in buckets on the middle of the tables and laminated menus. Upstairs the interior is a little more refined, with exposed brickwork, terracotta walls and dim lighting. You lose some of the atmosphere by not sitting downstairs though, where the buzz from the open kitchen carries through to the tables and creates a chatty and interactive atmosphere. Live Greek music on Friday nights is a nice touch, with traditional guitar and singing from 8pm.
- Delivery: Deliveroo, UberEats
- Private dining: 50 (upstairs)
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Greek music
- Live entertainment: Greek folk music nights on Saturdays once a month
- Capacity: 120
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2012
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 4
- House wine: £13.95 per bottle