Pep & Fodder
- Telephone 0131 556 5119
- Food served Mon–Sun 7.30am–5pm.
- Average price £5 meal deal (set lunch)
- Website pepandfodder.com
A cut above the rest as a coffee-stop or sandwich take-out in this part of town.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
With striking lime green tiles and wooden crates stacked with focaccia on the walls, Pep & Fodder is an immediate breath of fresh air and well worth remembering for a coffee-stop in this part of town. A row of high benches lend themselves well to a laptop and a cup of tea, while a couple of wooden tables with window seats make an inviting spot for weekend brunch. Some genuine food know-how from the Bon Vivant group of Edinburgh eateries means that soups, rolls and cakes are a notch above the average sandwich bar and a row of pre-prepared baguettes are polished off speedily by local office workers in the lunchtime rush. Fillings are the usual suspects plus some creative touches, and side salads are changed daily. A mix of butternut squash, spinach, beetroot and spicy almonds is pleasing alongside a toasted chicken pesto roll. Leave room though for a memorable peanut butter and coconut brownie.
- High point: A treat to get a great cup of coffee in this part of town
- Low point: Get there before the lunchtime rush
- Notable dish: Peanut butter and coconut brownie
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Various
- Capacity: 20
- Largest group: 15
- Open since: 2012