- Telephone 0131 662 8963
- Seasonal times Festival: extended opening hours
- Food served Mon–Fri 8am–6pm; Sat/Sun 9am–6pm.
- Average price £7.50 (lunch)
- Website www.brewlabcoffee.co.uk
Brew Lab lives up to its name employing scientific methodology and precision equipment to meticulously craft their coffee.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Minimalist in design but lavish in technique, Brew Lab uses the latest coffee kit and knowledge to create caffeinated gold. Each cup is measured, weighed, and timed to ensure the single origin beans are infused into liquid perfection. Passionate baristas explain the processing of the bottled and tapped cold brew while showing off impressive latte art skills. Food is locally sourced with a selection of Lovecrumbs cakes and pastries sitting prominently on the counter. Union of Genius soups and salads are accompanied by well filled crusty baguettes in meat, veggie, and vegan options. The South College Street café is dominated by students relaxing on sofas and sharing tables while the Queensferry Lane branch is smaller and frequented by local office staff and commuters. With their two locations and a range of coffee-making classes in their training lab, Brew Labs is on a quest to share their caffeine alchemy with the bleary-eyed masses.
- High point: Excellent coffee and Lovecrumbs cakes; a match made in heaven
- Low point: Cold brew coffee on tap only available in the warmer months
- Notable dish: Cold brew coffee
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Staff Spotify mix
- Capacity: 60
- Largest group: 12
- Open since: 2012