- Telephone 01738 248784
- Food served Tue–Thu noon–3pm, 5.30–9.30pm; Fri–Sat noon–3pm, 5.30–10pm; Sun noon–3pm, 5.30–9pm.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Sun 5.30–7pm.
- Average price £19 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £12.90
- Website www.pighalle.co.uk
Herve and Paula Tabourel run a resolutely Parisian brasserie in a Florentine Palazzo-style building by 19th-century architect David Rhind. Menus change constantly but are reliably French, from the complimentary pork rillette with bread to start, through onion soup and feuille de brique-wrapped pig’s trotter to the clafoutis ‘of the moment’ to finish. Pighalles translates as ‘pig market’ (as well as riffing on the famous windmill district of Paris), so it’s appropriate that ‘Piggys’ make thorough use of le cochon – the aforementioned trotters, snout, belly, tails and suckling appear, as well as Iberico and black pudding. See the news section of their website or their Facebook page for details of occasional seafood-themed evenings and events.
- Provides: Pre-theatre menu