Spice Lounge Kitchen
Versatile Indian restaurant, bar and function suite with varied, well-executed menus set incongruously among the suburban bungalows of Corstorphine.
The Spice Lounge Kitchen may seem like a bit of a hike from central Edinburgh but its suburban North Edinburgh location is surprisingly easy to get to by bus and car, and there’s plenty of parking on-site too. This versatile venue obviously tries to be all things to its neighbourhood: there’s a function suite; a sizeable and distinct bar; plus the smart, vividly patterned dining room. There are a few different menus too – tapas, bar and main which span North and South India as well as taking in ‘British Indian’ favourites, which include some unexpected options like stone-baked pizza with a tandoori twist. Don’t be afraid to ask the friendly staff for extra time to order. A complimentary appetiser of mini fluffy pineapple fritters is a nice touch while waiting for starters – battered options like mildly spiced crispy chilli squid are well executed and recommended. For a main quite literally fit for a king (or queen), try Lucknow chicken – tender chicken pieces cooked in peppery awadi gravy – which is allegedly a favourite dish of the Lucknow royal family.
- Delivery: Delivery through Just Eat, Scoffable and Hungry House (planning to add Deliveroo)
- Private dining: Up to 120 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Indian music
- Live entertainment: Occasional Bollywood nights for anniversaries, Diwali, New Year's Eve etc.
- Capacity: 240
- Largest group: 100
- Open since: June 2012
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £15 per bottle