Spice Lounge Kitchen
Huge range of dishes, both Indian and European, at this spacious Corstorphine restaurant/bar combination.
The Spice Lounge Kitchen on Drumbrae casts its net wide in a neighbourhood that is not awash with places to eat and drink. Under one roof you will find a full-blown Indian restaurant with a sideline in pizzas and ‘international dishes’, from penne Punjabi pasta to fish and chips, plus a separate bar selling keenly priced Tennents, Guinness and Cobra on tap. Choosing from such a packed menu takes time, as you settle into padded banquettes in the low-ceilinged, spacious main room. Among starters, the vegetarian option may be best; burrah champ lamb chops are slightly overcooked. There's a range of sizzling tandoori dishes, biryanis and Anglo-Indian stalwarts, as well as main courses that include a generous, garlicky Punjabi lamb palak and a mildly spicy maccher johl of haddock, with green chillis and mustard seeds.
- Delivery: Delivery through Just Eat and their own service
- Private dining: Up to 120 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Indian love songs/Bollywood
- Live entertainment: Occasional Bollywood nights for anniversaries, Diwali, New Year's Eve etc. and an occasional live DJ
- Capacity: 240
- Largest group: 100
- Open since: 2012
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 9
- House wine: £16.50 per bottle
URGENT: You must stay at home except for shopping for basic necessities, daily exercise, any medical need and travelling to and from essential work.