Spice Lounge Kitchen
Versatile Indian restaurant, bar and function suite with a wide-ranging menu set incongruously among the suburban bungalows of Corstorphine.
From British-Indian favourites like jalfrezi, korma and madras to more unexpected surprises like stone-baked pizzas, noodles and Punjabi pasta, Spice Lounge Kitchen manages to cover all bases when it comes to catering to varying tastes and appetites. The sheer range of dishes on offer, with a main, tapas and bar menu, make it that little bit more difficult to choose. Prices are reasonable for the quality and portion size, especially when it comes to the tandoori and grill options like the king prawn or tender lamb chop. The Lucknow chicken, cooked in roasted spices and Awadi gravy, comes highly recommended, alongside traditional South Indian classics like masala dosa. The British-Indian crossover continues in the dessert menu where you'll find pavlova with gulab jamun, served with vanilla cream and raspberry sauce. To wash it all down, there's a sizeable bar with plenty of beers, wines and cocktails as well as non-alcoholic drinks.
- Delivery: Delivery through Just Eat (planning to add own delivery)
- Private dining: Up to 120 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: Occasional Bollywood nights for anniversaries, Diwali, New Year's Eve etc. and an occasional live DJ
- Capacity: 240
- Largest group: 100
- Open since: June 2012
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 8
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle