- Telephone 0131 229 1899
- Seasonal times Possible 3am licence during August, Christmas and New Year
- Bar open Sun–Thu 10am–midnight; Fri/Sat 10am–1am.
- Food served Mon–Sun 10am–9pm.
- Website www.thefountainbar.co.uk
Popular dining pub with a snazzy countenance and decent beers, perfect for a pre or post-movie meal.
The Fountain sits in what can be described as a no-man’s land between Dalry and Tollcross, in the industrial remains of Fountainbridge. But thanks to a massive revamp in 2015 and new owners (Signature) this year, it’s become a thriving neighbourhood pub serving residents, office workers, students from nearby flats, tourists and visitors to the nearby cinema. It serves them well too, with kids’ toys and events in the daytime, hearty breakfasts and lunches, a decent range of after work pints (Stewart’s, Joker IPA), wines and cocktails, sharing platters for pre-cinema grazing and dinners (steak and ale pie, fish and chips) for an evening out. The food is freshly prepared on-site using quality ingredients and the bar is pleasant and airy, with live music on weekend evenings, while the dark teal restaurant section is cosier.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Chilled acoustic playlist, non-dance chart
- Live entertainment: Singer-guitarist on Fri/Sat nights
- Capacity: 30 (16 outdoors) in restaurant. 120 whole venue
- Largest group: 40
- Open since: 2012, Signature took over in June 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 17
- House wine: £18 per bottle
Reviews & features
Best kid-friendly restaurants in Edinburgh31 May 2018
Buggies, toys and tots are welcome at these child-friendly cafés, pubs and restaurants
Great for parents with buggies, toddlers with discerning appetites and kids yearning for a play area or pack of crayons, these child-friendly eateries are great for the whole family - no baby sitter required.
URGENT: You must stay at home except for shopping for basic necessities, daily exercise, any medical need and travelling to and from essential work.